Wedding receptions are the part of the wedding everyone looks forward to! You mingle with lots of new people, especially friends and family of the wedding party, eat yummy food, and have a great time celebrating the newly wedded couple.
At Finley Creek Vineyards, we enjoy all the celebrating, too. We also take note of some of the great decorating ideas we see inside and outside our beautifully chic barn facility.
Here are some of the new trends we are beginning to see at Finley Creek:
- English Garden Weddings – We have seen seated wedding guests in aisles that look just like garden beds. That means lots of greenery and potted plants. The pots themselves can be wrapped in silky or semi-transparent fabrics to hide the pot and create a natural garden feel.
- The After Party – There are weddings and receptions, sure, but recently, we’ve seen quite a few after parties. The emphasis being on the late-night part of the evening, with bride and groom changing into casual clothes and the event becoming a fun dance party. Hors d’oeuvres, light desserts and special drinks are often a part of the fun!
- Big, airy, un-stuffy, open spaces are very on trend for receptions. Among the favorites are industrial, loft-style spaces, updated barns (like ours at Finley Creek Vineyards), rooftops, and even museums. These spaces are great fun to decorate and invite having fun!
- The big floral trend this year is vintage drama! Rather than soft, lush greenery, we’re seeing darker and more textured floral arrangements. Lots of dark reds and violet colored florals paired with contrasting ferns and palms. For spring, industry experts expect dogwood bouquets to be big.
- Laser-cut overlays on reception tables are gaining in popularity. They add depth, drama and texture when layered over solid colored tablecloths. Vintage statement candelabras with colored candles complete the look.
- Lots of fun lighting! We are seeing lots of lanterns – large and small – everywhere. Hanging lanterns are also a thing, and strands of hanging light bulbs are still in vogue.
At Finley Creek Vineyards, we are happy to help you plan and decorate as much or as little as you want. Let us know your theme and colors and we can go to town – or just tell us what you need to rent. Either way, our lovely grounds and updated party barn are ready and waiting for your next event or reception.