Altum’s Garden Center looking into move next door to Finley Creek Vineyards
Altum’s Garden Center is temporarily closing later this month to begin the huge undertaking of moving from their present location to larger quarters.
They are hoping for a permit to move next door to us here at Finley Creek – and are currently working through this permitting process. If all goes well and the move is approved, this could mean much more space for Altum’s Garden Center, plus more room to grow in the future.
Finley Creek Vineyards if hopeful that they and Altum’s Garden Center may soon be neighbors, knowing both of our organizations share a passion for sustainable gardening, respect for the earth, and a mutual appreciation of nature. If the move is approved, we’ll be tapping our wonderful new neighbors on the shoulder to help us beautify our perimeter gardens and perhaps add a little new landscaping in the near future.
We’re also looking forward to having the Altum’s Garden Center folks as occasional event partners along with Jacquie's Gourmet Catering. With their open public gardens and our large event space, we hope to be able join forces to co-host events.
And of course, the Jacquie's Gourmet Catering team hopes to be catering Altum's grand re-opening this fall. Stay tuned!
For more information, checkout the Altum’s Garden Center online or on Facebook. And of course, come out and visit Finley Creek Vineyards as the destination for your next event.
Jacquie’s own Finley Creek Vineyards is the ideal setting for your 2021 event
If Finley Creek Vineyards, located north on Michigan Road (795 north on US 421) in Boone County, Zionsville, isn’t on your radar screen yet, allow us to introduce you to this charming property.
Not only is it spacious and picturesque, but it allows for both inside and outside celebrating. But perhaps most importantly, it’s the place to welcome mouth-watering Indiana-grown food from an award-winning caterer to your celebration!
Let’s begin with the Wedding Barn. Holding an event at Finley Creek’s rustic, yet completely renovated barn can be as casual or chic and artsy as you want. The barn has high-beamed ceilings festooned with electric lights, draped swag curtains at the tall, airy windows, and ornate crystal chandeliers overhead.
Moving to the lovely treed and wild-flowered grounds of Finley Creek, your celebration can be outside as well as inside, depending on your preferences. Outside, there is a large bricked fireplace and fire pit – great for gatherings of friends. There are also large areas for outdoor seating. Even a lovely arched latticework arbor for weddings and celebrations. So if the temperature dips or rain drips, your guests are covered, literally by heading into the party barn without missing a beat.
As the owner of Finley Creek, Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering is more than up to the task of keeping your party deliciously happy. Jacquie’s sustainably sourced, organic meats and produce are just the beginning. Be prepared to be wowed by her pulled pork sliders, paired with Asian slaw, or Chicken Piccata with Nicoise Olives, or Whole Roasted Tenderloin en croute with Wild Mushroom Duxelle. Every course is exceptional, made from scratch, and served at the ideal temperature (from the state-of-the-art kitchen Jacquie designed herself.)
So whether you go all out or low-key, you can’t go wrong with the perfect pairing of Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering at Finley Creek Vineyards.
Give us a call (317-283-2776) to take a tour and begin to plan your 2021 event.
How to plan a safe catered holiday event during COVID
With holidays just ahead, you can absolutely plan a safe corporate or private holiday event. We have been doing this very thing over the past several months at Finley Creek, and we know the rules.
We also know what works and what doesn’t. We want your guests to feel safe while following all applicable state and CDC guidelines.
The first order of business, say experts, is to make sure your guests feel safe enough to attend. Towards that end, here is our protocol:
Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering will:
- Have staff wear gloves and masks during all prep and serve
- Keep food covered and at ideal temperatures after prep and before serving
- Display food under protective shields to prevent contamination
- Food will be served with tongs and utensils handled by masked server at all times
- Individual-sized appetizers available as much as possible
- Use single-use disposable dishware and glasses unless otherwise asked.
Finley Creek will:
- Be set up to assure maximum space between tables and each guest
- Common areas (such as bars, restrooms and coat check) will be marked with 6-foot guide icons to keep patrons from unintentional exposure to others
- Barware and alcohol handled by gloved and masked bar managers only.
- Outdoor areas, entrances and exits marked for safety of guests.
Of course, we know there really are no hard and fast answers, and serving alcohol to those enjoying a holiday party makes guest behavior slightly riskier. With that in mind, we recommend:
- Asking several good friends to help talk to guests engaging in behavior that puts others at risk
- If you have an MC or DJ, ask them to periodically remind guests to keep safety a priority.
- We make sure the setting at Finley Creek is right for your crowd. We want your guests to be able to safely distance.
- Using available outside space at Finley Creek is always a good idea for an extra measure of safety.
Even during a pandemic, some catering rules will always be paramount for us:
- Guests will forgive an event that could have had another restroom or two, but they will always remember how good the food was -- or wasn’t. That’s why we never skimp on food quality.
- We never run out of food. This is a cardinal rule at Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering.
- Presentation of food matters. A lot. Food should always look (and taste) luscious, fresh, and be served at the right temperature.
- Planning how bar and appetizer table traffic flows at an event is especially important now. Nobody wants to stand waiting for a drink at a crowded bar for 25 minutes.
The holidays are coming up fast. So if you have a holiday party in mind, there are still plenty of open dates in November, December and New Year’s Eve. We're ready to book your next event safely.
Outdoor events are now mainstream and fun!
Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering team has seen a huge shift in the popularity of outdoor parties, corporate events, wedding receptions, birthday parties, and even outdoor celebration of life events. The key commonality here is OUTDOORS.
Not only is hosting an outdoor event significantly safer than being inside, it’s also a blast!
Sure, fall is here and temperatures are dropping, but that doesn’t mean you have to hibernate inside just yet. It can be a lot of fun to plan a big rustic, fall, casual party – with all the trimmings -- and a huge bonfire as a centerpiece.
Trendy outside events that began with barn wedding receptions have grown up to embrace all kinds of events. Now we are seeing just as many casual country outside parties as we are seeing lavish and extravagant themed events – many held in more than one tent or party barn. Hosts are getting super creative and having a blast doing it.
At Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering, we happen to think that Finley Creek Vineyard is the perfect country chic setting for a fantastic fall party, corporate event or reception. The magic happens here all the time… from big orange setting sunsets, to the serenity of the rolling hills on the Zionsville property, to yard games, fire pits, the sweet smell of fresh baled hay, to an abundance of wildflowers, to vineyards planted all along the perimeter of the 5 acre setting.
Since Jacquie Bols designed the Finley Creek party barn and exterior event space, you know the area is top-notch and lovely. There are areas specifically designed for announcements, for outside bars, for music and entertaining, and of course, a gorgeous country chic party barn where social distancing can be accommodated with minimal effort.
There are no cookie-cutter events here. Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering creates artful, sustainable, delicious, creative culinary experiences for each of their guests -- and our hosts love it.
There is just something about attending a Finley Creek Vineyard event that virtually guarantees a memorable time. Come come join us for a Finley Creek Vineyard tour ahead of your event and see what we mean.
~ The Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering team