Jacquie’s Strawberry Whiskey Lemonade
Now's the time to get creative with what’s in season, especially lush flavorful berries and fruits. Mix your fruits with red or white wine for a lovely sangria, or add rum, gin, vodka, or even whiskey.
Here is one of Jacquie’s favorites – frequently served here at Finely Creek Vineyards. It's especially great at an evening gathering outdoors, under the stars. This one is so delicious, you may not need to serve a dessert.
Jacquie's Strawberry Whiskey Lemonade
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
- Stir together strawberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Bring strawberry mixture to a low simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until strawberries have softened and sugar has dissolved (about 15 minutes.)
- Remove saucepan from the heat and let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain syrup into a bowl or measuring cup through a mesh strainer to remove the strawberry pieces (Jacquie recommends saving them for smoothies or jam later in the week.)
ASSEMBLE THE COCKTAILS:
1/3 cup strawberry syrup (see above)
2/3 cup whiskey
2/3 cup lemon juice
(optional) fresh strawberries and lemon slices, for garnish
- In a large shaker, combine strawberry syrup, whiskey, and lemon juice with crushed ice. Shake to combine.
- Pour whiskey lemonade over ice into drinking glasses.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and lemon slices, as desired, and serve immediately.
Add this summer refresher to your next gathering at Finley Creek Vineyard, or at your next summer backyard barbecue. Enjoy, from the folks at Finley Creek and Jacquie's Gourmet Catering!